Yesterday, the hawkish PM emboldened by US support has outright challenge China might in the East. He told the audience that Japan is getting more assertive ( a self claim) and that it will play a supportive role to check the military growth of China and also, will shoot down any Chinese drone in Japanese airspace. I would like to make a few comments here:
1. Japan is a small country as compared to China. In this world, I see only three countries who really has the reach and the might to dominate the world in terms of economic, political and social reach and that is China, USA and Russia. So what is this second tier nation trying to act like a big brother to the rest of the smaller nation. The effort will doom to fail. I am laughing...ha ha.
2. Japan has not truly repented for its Second War cruel adventures and many parts of Asia especially Korea and China residents have not accepted Japan so called insincere "apologies". It has nothing to do with the propaganda news as mentioned by many Japanese people. What about Korea and Taiwan? I am an overseas Chinese and we had very deep hatred for the Japanese because its never truly atone for torture and slavery its inflicted on the Chinese people at large. So you cannot say this is Chinese propaganda. There's no such thing. If there is an outbreak of war with the Japs, I will be the first to make large scale donation and effort to the fight against the Japanese. I think the majority , about 90% , will support this move. The forefathers of the people of Thailand, Malay, Philippines and Indons have never really suffer under Japanese brief colonial rule. So is this really support? The US is to blame for this, as they did NOT outright prosecute the Japanese as they allowed the single Japanese monarchy, whom we all damn know is fully involved in the decision making during the 2 World War.
3. China business relationship with Thailand and Malaysia is at its best. Recent visit by the Chinese President to Indonesia has also cemented a much stronger partnership in terms of promoting economic activities for the benefit of these countries. Vietnam has temporary set aside its differences and work for a betterment of the relationship. Remember Vietnam is still a communist brother and do you think they will support Japan and USA in an outbreak of war with China. Cambodia, Myammar, Laos and Sri Lanka have excellent diplomatic ties through business tie up and countless reciprocal visits by the Head of Governments from these countries. I do not see these type of visits to Japan or Tokyo.So what is the recent Japanese diplomatic overtures to get these countries to "isolate" the Chinese people. Chinese diplomacy has the upperhand.
4. Japan has clear problems not only with China but with Korea and Russia. Russia has a strategic partnership with China and in the event of a war, where do you think the Russia will position itself is anybody guess. With Russia support, China will be able to deal with Japan openly. What I am saying here is that if USA intervene in a war between China and Japan, do you think Russia will be just a bystander? Remember this is leading to the Third World War, and the Kurile Islands and some other disputed islets...and it would be delicious to take some other islands as well. I am sure the idea has crossed Russian minds.
5. China military budget is still small as compared to USA about 30% so where is the threat. I like to point out that the Japanese is trying to militarize and instituting Constitutional changes to strengthen its Japanese Army. If this is left unchecked, it is very dangerous. But anyway, Japan would not be anywhere near its might during the WW2. And China is not at its weakest spot in the Second WW. So there is no issue for the Chinese.
6. If there is an outbreak of war and I am sure it is going to be NUCLEAR. So you will see the end of Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou on China side, New York or Washington and maybe LA from USA side. What about Japan? My guess is that Japan will stop to exist with the bombing of the main Island and mind you, this is not Nagasaki or Hiroshima, this is 100 times more powerful and I do not see any hope for the Japanese.
7. The only nation who is foolish to support Japan is Philippines. The country is a very small nation with many unmanned thousands of islands. Philippines is such a poorly managed country it cannot even take care of the welfare of its own people..how do expect it to be able to protect the country as well as to launch its armies to support Japan. So there is no real threat from China perspective rather than making mice noises here and there. To the Chinese, it is only Japan and the Pinoys who are the "real" enemies of the Chinese people.
8. Over the past one and half year, it is the Japanese Cabinet who wanted to "shake hands" with the Chinese leadership. China has already made the Japanese government person non grata ever since they nationalize the disputed Daioyu/ Senkaku Islands and China can wait. Can Japan wait?
9. China will take its rightful place in the world and there is no country in the workd who can stop that, not even the USA. Many people believe that the US is on the decline . If it is not, its power will somehow be diminish to a large extent. So who do you want to back in WW3.
Brace for war and we'll like to see the demise of Japan.
26 Oct 2013